Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I think I'm in love

No, I know I'm in love with Kelly O'Neal fabrics. These vintage inspired oversized prints are fan-tas-tic! You really have to see them in person to get a true feel for their impact.

This crumby pic I took in my favorite fabric store:


The blue butterfly you see is about 2 feet square and the pattern repeat on her fabric designs is 9 feet!! Wow. It's like using hand painted fabrics.


In this next picture you can see the butterfly fabric used to make a pillow and a botanical print used to upholster a winged backed chair:

design legacy

These tradeshow booths are so enticing, I am completely drawn in.

I love the circus theme:
design legacy


Shells and sea life:
design legacy


Frogs:
design legacy


And this European theme is so fun too:

design legacy


Where can you buy it? Designer fabric stores are carrying it, there are two in my area of Cincinnati that have them.

Anthropologie is carrying panels using the Kelly O'Neal fabrics. This has a 9 foot repeat also. Isn't it incredible? I think the panel is pretty, but I would much rather see it used to upholster an antique chair or sofa. What a beautiful mix of vintage and contemporary.

anthropologie

This panel is another great over-sized print. I'm not sure if it's Kelly O'Neal, but I love it as much. This has inspired me to paint up some panels of my own!

anthropologie


My heart has been stolen. I am so in love with Kelly O'Neal fabrics. Hopefully you are inspired as well.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have several pillows made out of the various designs. The butterfly print is stunning. It's all so inspring. Have a beautiful Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for visiting!