Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How do you get a stain out of...

How do you get a stain out of the bottom of a narrow necked decanter?




Toss in some ice cubes and sprinkle in some kosher salt. Swirl it around and watch the stains scrub away. This also works great cleaning stained glass coffee pots.




Arggrh! Dirt and marks on pottery that do not come off with scrubbing can drive a person crazy.

If you use steel wool, it will just make more marks.

Well, I just found a grrrreat solution and have to share: Mr. Clean Erasers!



All you do with the Mr. Clean Eraser is get it damp and rub. The stains and marks are erased! I love these eraser sponges. I use them for everything, marks on walls, scuffs on the floor, marks on the leather in my car.... and now pottery!

Just thought I'd share. Sometimes the little things can help make life easier! I read last week in a blog (which I feel terrible that I can't remember where) that if you run a screw through some soap before you drill it into hardwood, it will go in easily. I didn't think I'd notice a big difference one way or another. But I tried it and it works great! A simple tip can make life easier!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you! I have tried so my different things and none of them worked. I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for visiting!